Bringing your family to Australia can be a complex process, but with the right information and guidance, it can be a smooth and successful experience. Family visas in Australia are designed to reunite family members who are either Australian citizens, permanent residents, or eligible Australian citizens. In this article, we will provide an overview of the different types of family visas available in Australia, the visa application process, and the approximate timeline for visa outcomes. Additionally, we will explain how Lumos Global can help you navigate the process and increase your chances of success.
Types of Family Visas
There are several types of family visas available in Australia, including:
- Partner visa: for those who are married, engaged or in a de facto relationship with an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible Australian citizen.
- Parent visa: for parents of Australian citizens, permanent residents or eligible Australian citizens.
- Child visa: for children of Australian citizens, permanent residents or eligible Australian citizens.
- Adoption visa: for children being adopted by Australian citizens or permanent residents.
- Other Family visa: for other eligible family members of Australian citizens, permanent residents or eligible Australian citizens.
Visa Application Process
The visa application process for family visas in Australia can be broken down into several stages.
- First, you must submit an expression of interest through the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) SkillSelect system.
- Next, you will be invited to submit a formal visa application, along with supporting documentation such as police clearance certificates and medical examination results.
- The DHA will then assess your application and may request additional information or an interview.
- After a decision has been made, you will be notified of the outcome and, if successful, instructed on the next steps for visa grant.
The Application Process
The approximate timeline for a family visa outcome in Australia can vary depending on the specific visa category and individual circumstances. Generally, the DHA aims to process partner visa applications within 12-18 months, parent visa applications within 30 years, and child and adoption visa applications within 12-24 months. It is important to note that these are approximate timelines and delays may occur due to factors such as high demand or incomplete applications.
How Lumos Global can help you ?
At Lumos Global, we understand that the family visa process can be overwhelming and confusing. That’s why we offer a range of services to help make the process as smooth and stress-free as possible. Our team of experienced migration agents and lawyers can provide expert advice and guidance on the most appropriate visa category for your circumstances, assist with the preparation and lodgement of your application, and represent you in any communication with the DHA. Additionally, we can provide support and representation in case of visa refusal or cancellation.
Finally, the family visa process in Australia can be a complex and lengthy process but with the right information and guidance, it can be a successful one. There are several types of family visas available in Australia, and each has its own specific requirements and criteria. The visa application process typically involves submitting an expression of interest, a formal visa application, and supporting documentation. The approximate timeline for visa outcome varies depending on the specific visa category and individual circumstances. Lumos Global is here to help you navigate the process and increase your chances of success.