Work Visas

Do you want to work in Australia? There are many different types of visas available in the country, which allow you to stay and work. Some visas require that you have a job offer from an Australian employer, while others are more flexible and may allow you to find employment after your arrival.

With the right visa, you can take advantage of the amazing opportunities that Australia has to offer both personally and professionally. 

Businessman working

Types of Work Visas in Australia

The Department of Home Affairs (DHA) offers several kinds of working visas for Australia. Depending on your situation, you may qualify for one of the following work visa categories:

Temporary skilled visas: Designed for highly-skilled workers from overseas who have an occupation listed on the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL). This type of visa usually lasts up to four years and allows you to work in Australia without any restrictions.

Employer sponsored visas: If you have a job offer from an Australian employer, you may be eligible for employer sponsored visas such as the Subclass 186 and 187 visas. These visas are permanent and allow you to stay in Australia indefinitely.

Working holiday visa: This type of visa is available to young people aged 18-30 or 35 (depending on your country of origin) and allows you to work in Australia for up to 12 months.

How to obtain a work visa in Australia?

Applying for and obtaining a work visa for Australia is a complex process, but can be made easier with the help of an experienced immigration lawyer or agent. The visa application process generally involves submitting documents such as proof of identity, evidence of funds, employment references, medical certificates, police checks etc.

In addition, you may need to attend an interview at the nearest Australian Embassy or consulate if required.

Once all the necessary documentation is gathered and submitted to the DHA, processing times can vary from two weeks to several months (or more). It’s important to ensure your application is complete and accurate to help speed up the process.

How a Student Visa Holder Can Obtain a Work Visa after Study?

If you are currently in Australia on a student visa and would like to work there, you may be eligible for the Subclass 485 Temporary Graduate visa or the Subclass 476 Graduate Skilled Regional Provisional visa. The temporary graduate visa allows students who have completed at least two years of study in Australia to remain and work for between 18 months and four years (depending on their qualifications). The graduate skilled regional provisional visa permits students who have studied at an eligible university in a designated regional area of Australia to stay and work for four years.

How Lumos Global Can Help You with Your Work Visa Application

At Lumos Global, we have a team of highly experienced immigration lawyers and agents who are well versed in Australian visa laws and regulations. We will take the time to understand your situation and advise you on the most suitable visa option for your circumstances.

Our comprehensive service covers every step of the application process, from collecting necessary documents to preparing an accurate visa application and submitting it for review by DHA. We also offer other related services such as appeals and reviews in case of rejection or delays. Contact us today for more information or to get started with your family visa application.

With our help, you can make sure that your work visa is obtained quickly and efficiently so you can start working and enjoying all that Australia has to offer. Let us help you make your dreams of living and working in Australia a reality! Contact Lumos Global for more information today.

Book a FREE Consultation Today!

Schedule an appointment with one of our expert counselors and get up-to-date Information of your next admission and visa enquirers